When you use our services, you’re trusting us with your information. We understand this is a big responsibility and work hard to protect your information and put you in control.
Your Privacy is Serious Business to Us!
Maintaining the privacy of our website visitors and mobile application users is very important to us. Because we gather information about you, you need to know:
- The kinds of information we collect and why we collect it;
- How we use that information; and
- How you can update that information or limit or control how it is used.
1. The Kinds of Information We Collect
We collect information to provide better services to all of users of our Service, including determining what types of editorial content and the products and services offered on our Service that are of the most interest and relevance to you.
We collect information about you from the following two sources:
- The Information you give us. For example, many of our services require that you create an account. When you do, we’ll ask for personal information, like your name, email address, telephone number, and, if you are purchasing products or services on our Service, purchase information such as the products or services purchased, the dates of purchase and the purchase price.
- The information we collect from your use of our Service. This information relates generally to what editorial and advertising content you view, and the products and services you use that we and our third-party providers offer. This information includes:
- Device Information, we collect information about the devices you use to access our Service, such as hardware settings, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request and referral URL.
- Log Information. When you use our Service, we automatically collect and store certain information in server logs, which automatically record certain information when you use our Service, including the following:
- details about how you have used our Service, such as your search queries;
- your IP address, which is the number assigned to an Internet connected device such as a tablet or smartphone and used to identify the geographic location of that device; and
- cookies that may uniquely identify your browser and collect information about how our visitors interact with our Service, as well as help us identify problems such as error messages from certain pages. A cookie is a small file containing a string of characters that is sent to your computer or other device when you visit our Service. When you visit our Service any time thereafter, the cookie allows our Service to recognize your browser and to store information about your user preferences and other personal information.
- Location information. When you visit our Service, we may collect and process information about your actual location. We use various technologies to determine location, including IP address.
- Local storage. We may collect and store information (including personal information) locally on your device, using mechanisms such as browser web storage (including HTML 5), which allows for data to be stored on a browser even after the browser has been closed and the reopened, and application data caches, which allow for data to be stored on your device, enabling an application to run without an Internet connection and to load content faster.
- Collection and Storage technologies. We and our partners use various technologies to collect and store information when you access the TRIP JALAN-JALAN Service, and this may include using cookies or other technologies to identify your browser or device. We also use these technologies to collect and store information when you access our Service and interact with the content and products and services we offer, such as advertising services.
2. How We Use Information We Collect
We use the information we collect from users of our Service in order to provide you with more meaningful editorial and advertising content and to offer you relevant products and services, as well as to maintain, protect and improve your overall experience. In particular, you may choose:
- to subscribe to any of our electronic newsletters,
- to receive “special offers” by TRIP JALAN-JALAN Berhad and its various service providers,
- to receive franchise and business opportunity information from selected advertisers, and we will use your information for these purposes provided you have given us your consent.
- You may also choose to submit questions or comments in response to editorial content on our Service in which case, we will process your information to perform our agreement or comply with your request.
In each of those instances you will be asked to provide, and we will collect and store, certain personal information such as email address, zip code, telephone number, and in some instances information about your business. In the case of purchases made through the Bookstore Website, we will also collect and store additional information about those purchases, including titles purchased, quantity and dates of purchases, the method of payment, and other information provided such as billing and shipping addresses (if different). By providing that information and provided you have consented thereto, you acknowledge that it can be used by TRIP JALAN-JALAN Berhad and its various advertisers and other service providers to send you promotions and other communications concerning business opportunities, products or services.
When you contact TRIP JALAN-JALAN Berhad, we retain a record of your communications to help solve any issues you might be facing, or to maintain a record to assist with legal claims. We will keep these records for a period of no more than 6 years. Provided you have consented thereto, we may use your email address to inform you about the products and services offered on our Service, such as letting you know about upcoming changes or improvements.
We use information collected from cookies and other technologies, like pixel tags, to improve your user experience and the overall quality of our services. You can reset your browser to reject all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. But you need to know that you may not be able to access or use some features and services on our Service without cookies. A pixel tag is a type of technology which is placed on a website or within an email and used for the purpose of tracking activity on a website and is often used in combination with cookies.
We do not track our users across third party websites and thus do not respond to Do Not Track (“DNT”) signals. However, some third party websites do keep track of your browsing activities when they serve you content, which enables them to tailor what they present to you. If you are visiting such sites, certain website browsers allow you to set the DNT signal on your browser so that third parties (particularly advertisers) know you do not want to be tracked.
3. The Advertising on Our Service
Advertising on our Service makes it possible for us to offer you the information and products/services free of charge. We take seriously and make every effort to make sure that advertising is safe, unobtrusive and as relevant as possible.
Cookies are used to make that advertising as relevant as possible to the needs and interests of users of our Service, and more valuable to our advertisers in being able to show our visitors more relevant ads. Cookies are also used to avoid you seeing the same ad multiple times and to detect and prevent click fraud. We use AdSense, Google Analytics and other ads services (collectively, “Google® Services”), which help us manage and improve our Service and help our advertisers better understand and track user interaction with their ads. When you visit a location on our Service that includes one or more of these ads, various cookies may be sent to your browser.
We may use other technologies, including Flash and HTML5, which provide the functionality for such displays as interactive advertising. We may also use your IP address to select and provide advertising targeted to that address, in order to improve the relevance of the ads you see and to measure and report to advertisers non-personal statistical information about geographical location of those website visitors who are viewing their ads.
The advertising you see on our Service is determined by a number of factors relating to relevance, including (i) your approximate geographical location base on you IP address and (ii) the subject matter you may be viewing on our Service. For example, if you are viewing an article about physical health, you may see ads concerning exercise equipment.
If you wish to know more about the information collected from website users and used to tailor those advertisements for products and services which might be of the most interest and relevance to those users, or would like to know more about the user’s options in connection with the collection and use of that information.
4. Privacy and Choice
People have different concerns about privacy. Our goal is to be clear about what information we collect, so that you can make meaningful choices about how that information is used. You may set your browser in its “options” or “preferences” feature in order to warn you before accepting cookies or to disable all cookies entirely. However, it is important to understand that many of the services we provide on our Service and to our Service users may not function properly if your cookies are disabled.
5. Where We Store the Information
The data we collect from you is stored by a partner of a company we trust in Malaysia. Your information may also be processed by employees operating outside of TRIP JALAN-JALAN Berhad working for us or one of our suppliers. These employees may be involved in, among others, fulfilling your order, processing your payment details and providing support services. By submitting your information, you agree to this transfer, storage or processing.
6. The Information You Share
Our Service allows visitors to share information with others, such as comments on editorial content and information shared via social media. When you share information it may as a result become accessible to others, through such mechanisms as search engines. We cannot be responsible for how others with whom you may share information may use that information.
7. The Information We Share
We do not share personal information with companies, organizations and individuals outside of TRIP JALAN-JALAN Berhad, unless one of the following circumstances applies:
- We will share personal information with companies, organizations or individuals outside of TRIP JALAN-JALAN Berhad when we have your opt-in or other consent to do so.
- We will share personal information with companies, organizations or individuals outside of TRIP JALAN-JALAN Berhad if we have a good-faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of that information is reasonably necessary to:
- comply with applicable law, regulations, legal process or enforceable governmental request;
- enforce any of our applicable Terms of Service, including any potential violations;
- detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues; or
- protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of users of our Service or service providers, as well as the general public and EMI as required or permitted by law.
- We may share personal information with a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of TRIP JALAN-JALAN Berhad assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by TRIP JALAN-JALAN Berhad about our Service users is among the assets transferred.
- We may share your information publicly and with our partners such as third-party content providers, advertisers or connected sites, but in a manner which does not reveal your personally-identifiable information and which is aggregated with other user information to show usage of TRIP JALAN-JALAN Berhad and third-party products and services offered on our Service and trends based on such categories as age, gender, geographical origination and other demographic characteristics.
8. The Protection of Your Information
We work hard to protect the information provided by, or collected about, the users of our Service, from unauthorized access, or alteration, disclosure or destruction. In particular:
- We encrypt much of that information using SSL
- We review our information collection, storage and processing practices, including physical security measures, to guard against unauthorized access to our systems and the information collected and stored in.
- We restrict access to personal information to those of our employees, contractors and agents, who need to know that information in order to process it for us, who are subject to the obligation of strict confidentiality as relates to that information, and who will be subject to discipline, including termination, if they violate that obligation.
- services offered by other companies or individuals on non-TRIP JALAN-JALAN Berhad websites or applications, including any such websites or applications which may be referenced on or linked from our Service; and
10. Handling Complaints from Our Service Users and Regulatory Authorities
12. Contacting Us
Trip Jalan-Jalan Sdn Bhd
No 6-5-1 Jalan Aman Damai H U17/H Aman Putri,
40160 Shah Alam, Malaysia.